“Tomorrow’s victory is today’s practice.” -Chris Bradford.
Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Those who put in the most effort and study relentlessly have the best chance of passing the TEAS exam.
Practice and working though challenging TEAS questions is at the heart of Dr. Adkins live TEAS & HESI Prep Course. What better way to practice and review the concepts than with a medical doctor who is walking you through every question? If you want the best score, you simply have to work with the best.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS Test) is a standardized multiple-choice test for students interested in applying to nursing schools throughout the US. The TEAS test provides the admissions counselors to compare students objectively – apples to apples. And who do you think these decision makers are going to choose? Yep, those in the 80s and 90s will get accepted 1st.
Several studies have found that those who perform well on the TEAS also perform well academically a bachelor’s degree of Nursing (BSN) or Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) program. Whether you believe this to be the really or not, it is the reality for the admissions team. So if the TEAS or HESI is holding you back from getting into nursing school, then let’s get over this hurtle starting now. Let Dr. Adkins help. Start with The Adkins Academy TEAS & HESI Mastery Quiz for FREE access to TEAS questions.
Are you astudent who is taking this exam for the first time? Or have you attempted the TEAS or HESI a couple of times already but failed? Well, don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
About The Adkins Academy
The Adkins Academy, led by medical doctor and college professor, Dr. Adkins, offers the #1 TEAS Prep & HESI Prep Course in the country, with an unrivaled track record of helping 5,000+ students pass the TEAS test over 10+ years. By taking advantage of our LIVE interactive online classes, our students have been able to achieve high-80s and 90s on the TEAS 4 ,5, 6 and now TEAS 7 exam as well as the HESI.
Let us guide you through the most carefully curated and organized TEAS test study guide in theworld:
Learn everything about the TEAS Exam
Before you even sink your teeth into TEAS preparations, ask yourself if you have covered all of the fundamentals, all the traps, all the trick questions, all the concepts on the TEAS VII. If not, make this the starting point.
Since TEAS is divided into sections, you should try to understand what each section entails so that you can prepare accordingly.
Overview of TEAS Test sections
- TEAS Science
- Scientific Reasoning, Chemistry, Biology,&Physiology and Anatomy
- Measurements, Algebraic Expressions, Data Interpretation
- Key Ideas & Details, Integration of Knowledge & Ideas, Craft & Structure
- Standard English, Knowledge of Language, Expressing Ideas in Writing.
- Chromosomes and DNA
- Cellular biology
- Inheritance & genetics
- Bases and acids
- Periodic table
- Chemical bonds and reactions
- States of matter, phases
- Protein Synthesis
- Mitosis & Meiosis
- Acid-Base Chemistry
- Lipid Metabolism
- Cellular Respiration
- Genetics & Inheritance
Physiology and Anatomy
- Cardiovascular system
- Reproductive system
- Respiratory system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Immune system
- Physiology pathology & human anatomy
- Skeletal system
- Integumentary system
- Neuromuscular system
- Body organization
- Endocrine System
- Graphs, Tables, and Charts
- The Metric system
- Rational numbers
- Fractions, operations with numbers
- Algebra with one variable
- Word Problems
- Data Interpretation
- Arguments and evaluating themes
- Integrating & evaluating sources
- Types of sources
- Predications, Inferences, and Logical Conclusions
- Text features
- Graphs & printed communication
- Context clues and word meaning
- Word parts and medical terminology
- Informal & formal language
- Clarity & grammar
- Irregular plural nouns
- Parts of speech
- Spelling & similar sounding words
Best Tips to Crack TEAS TEST
- Study with the right partner – Dr. Adkins
- Make a study schedule
- Avoid cramming as much as possible
- Start several weeks to months before your take the TEAS or HESI
- Practice, practice, and practice – Go over hundreds of questions with Dr. Adkins
- Don’t over-stress yourself; instead, take care of yourself by preparing early – like TODAY!!!
What is an acceptable TEAS Score?
Your TEAS test score can make or break your application to nursing programs. Even with a great GPA, a good TEAS score is required for you to beat out the fierce competition.
The majority of students who take the TEAS exam are concerned about performing well on the exam. Of course, every student “hopes” to score 80% on the TEAS, but in reality, it is nearly impossible when you just do what everyone else does – use the book, watch videos, or memorize flashcards. Don’t believe me? Well the numbers don’t lie – the National Average for the TEAS test is a 65%, yet just a 65% – and everybody is using the book.
Dr. Adkins is here to help you get your score into the 80s and 90s so that you have plenty of options (acceptance letters) and you can choose your destiny. Dr. Adkins also helps you find opportunities to Earn While You Learn with 321income.com – check it out now.
Length/Duration of the TEAS test
Courtesy of https://www.indianhills.edu/students/docs/atiteas_test.pdf
Don’t forget to Earn While You Learn with 321income.com
Expert recommended TEAS exam tips
Stick to a specific study plan:
Passing TEAS can be really difficult without making and sticking to a proper study plan.The study plan you create should highlight:
- The more you UNDERSTAND the less you study and memorize
- Practice tons of questions and make sure you understand what went well and what didn’t
- Plan ahead and be realistic about your preparation timeline.
- Ask lots of questions and be sure to understand every aspect of the concepts.
Things that you will need on the TEAS Test Day
Before the big day arrives, you must know what items you can bring with you. For example, you will be required to bring a government-verified student ID on test day. Your address, signature, and photograph are all displayed on your student ID.
Despite your ID and other necessary items, you are not allowed to carry any mobile phones or other devices. Make sure you keep all such items at home on the day of the TEAS test. You must, for example, refrain from carrying bags, sunglasses, hats, electronics, and so on.
What if you decide to take the computer-based TEAS exam?
If you plan to take the computer-based TEAS, you must remember your account information, such as your log-in information. Students taking the TEAS must sign up and obtain account log-in information from the ATI website in order to take the exam.
Extra tips to strengthen your preparations for TEAS
- Find and collect TEAS subtests, as well as high-quality TEAS Test Study Guide resources like The Adkins Academy TEAS & HESI Mastery Quiz
- Start the Earn While You Learn commission program at 321income.com to free yourself from working a job and trying to study at the same time.
- Always call Dr. Adkins if you have any questions – Dr. Adkins provides FREE consultations
- Select a quiet and comfortable location for preparations, if possible.
- Don’t lose sight of the goal – GET IN NURSING SCHOOL to become an RN.
We hope that after reading this TEAS test study guide, you will have covered everything necessary before taking the TEAS exam. Dr. Adkins is a medical doctor with over 15 years of experience teaching standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, TEAS, HESI, MCAT, and others. He doesn’t just give you a list of questions to answer and words to remember.
Rather, he goes above and beyond by guiding you through hundreds of HESI and TEAS questions one by one during LIVE classes. You Will Score in the 90s using the #1 TEAS Prep Course!! Thousands of students just like you have already done so.
Contact us right away to take the first step toward making your dream a reality!